Sunday, May 11, 2014

Feeding the Goats

I love this country life we've picked for our family!  In our town there's a goat farmer who lets you come and feed his goats, chickens, and ducks.  $0.25 for a handful of feed.  Totally worth it!


Chicken Love
 
I love this one!
But feeding chickens was not why we came.  We can feed chickens at home.  We came for the goats!


How cute is this baby goat!?!
 I never thought I'd want a goat!  Being a born and bred city girl I never thought I'd want chickens, but here we are 20 chickens later (only 14 currently).  After loving on this cute little goat, I now want a baby goat.  Luckily I can just come here anytime. 

 
 
 
 
Mama goat kept trying to get us to feed her instead of the babies.

Little M telling the mommy goat, ever so politely, that she did not want to feed the bigger goats.  She wants to feed the small ones.


Just when we thought this trip couldn't get any better we get to see a baby goat nursing!  No wonder mama goat was so hungry!

If you live in the city may I suggest you take a trip out to the country?  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment