Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What's in a Name?

I don't know what it is about chicken names, but I just love them!  Naming chickens can be so much fun.  Some people get really creative and go with names like Attila the Hen (one of my favorites!).  Other's go with food names like Nugget or well known characters such as Foghorn Leghorn and Henny Penny.  My personal preference is farm-ish names and famous duos (Scot likes to buy chickens in pairs). 

Here are the names of all the pullets in my newest flock.  I love taking pictures of my birds, so get used to seeing a lot of posts of them. :D


CC - Easter Egger

Ginger - Easter Egger

Goldie - Golden Laced Wyandotte

Lulu - G's Easter Egger

Petunia - Easter Egger

Daffodil and Buttercup - Little M's Buff Orpingtons.
She calls them Yeyo Chickie, and if you call them anything else
she gets pretty mad at you.
 
Lavern and Shirley - Our working girls.  Rhode Island Reds are little egg machines.
 
Ouiser and Clairee - Cuckoo Marans
 
Lucy and Ethel - Black Sex Link. 
They're always getting their noses up in everyone's business
and are serious attention hogs.

Roadrunner - M's Silver Laced Wyandotte (she's hard to catch)
 


2 comments: